Does sftp eliminate the need to check sha1sum?

Bryan Quigley bryan.quigley at canonical.com
Wed Jan 13 18:55:19 UTC 2016

That seems equivalent to downloading from an HTTPS site which I don't think
would qualify as verifying as coming from the intended source.  Now, I
suppose in both cases you could copy the certificate id (https) or copy the
ssh host id to provide some verification, but that seems like more work to
me.

Thanks,
Bryan