Adding own provider?

Patrik Karisch patrik.karisch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:35:15 UTC 2016

Hi Marco,

basically I have to options:

1. Create a plugin, which utilizes the API and creates the machines, adds
them to juju manual provisioning.
    - Is IMHO ok, since I can call every juju command from the plugin
itself, eg. juju iwstack expose to config the firewall and within call juju
expose to set the state of the machine as exposed.

2. Fork the core, learn go, add my own provider, work with the fork until I
think it's stable and then create the Pull Request.
    - Since many different cloud provider are now based on Apache
CloudStack too, it is worth considering to contribute an official provider..

Marco Ceppi <marco.ceppi at canonical.com> schrieb am So., 10. Jan. 2016 um
11:37 Uhr: