Juju Charm store submission and functional tests using Amulet

Bruno Ranieri bruno at quobyte.com
Mon Jan 4 14:03:29 UTC 2016

Hello,

I run into some problems when trying to bring some new charms through the
charm store process

https://bugs.launchpad.net/~3-bruno

I submitted the charms, following the instructions on
https://jujucharms.com/docs/stable/authors-charm-store, unfortunately the
charms never showed up as name spaced charms. Thus

juju deploy cs:~3-bruno/trusty/quobyte-registry
> ERROR cannot resolve charm URL "cs:~3-bruno/trusty/quobyte-registry":
> charm not found

while deployment using the local repository works fine.

Another problem occurred, when I started to port my functional test from
external scripts to <charmdir>/tests. Deployment is successful when using
the local provider, but fails using a cloud provider (amazon):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/amulet/+bug/1528582

Maybe this is related to the issue about name spaced charms described
above? Unfortunately the uncaught Exception from Amulet does not provide
further details.

The problem is that my local environment does not provide enough resources,
so I depend on using a cloud provider to port and test this functional
tests. Just for completeness: my juju amazon environment is working fine. I
can witness instances and volumes start-up and tear-down, when running my
external functional tests or invoke tests using 'juju test'.

regards
 Bruno

--
*Quobyte* GmbH
Hardenbergplatz 2 - 10623 Berlin - Germany

*Quobyte* GmbH
Hardenbergplatz 2 - 10623 Berlin - Germany
+49-30-814 591 800 - www.quobyte.com
Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 149012B
management board: Dr. Felix Hupfeld, Dr. Björn Kolbeck, Dr. Jan Stender