filesystem type storage backend

Marco Ceppi marco.ceppi at canonical.com
Fri Feb 5 17:47:54 UTC 2016

Hello,

We had a discussion earlier today about how the filesystem backend works
for the storage bits. Given the following example:

storage:
  hdfs-data:
    type: filesystem
    location: /srv/hdfs

Does this require the operator to add storage at deploy time? Does this
mean our charm should block until storage is added? We really want to be
able to support the /option/ or adding storage by the operator but we're
not sure how this functions. If we use that directory before the operator
attaches storage will it be mounted over or migrated?

Thanks,
Marco Ceppi