relation-* events for subordinate charms

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 5 11:49:54 UTC 2016

[ please keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed ]

Hey,

Just got redirected here from #juju.

I have a charm appstream-dep11 that has a subordinate relationship to
nrpe-external-master so that it can provide some nagios checks. I just
wrote a hook nrpe-external-master-relation-changed that puts some files
in the right directories for nagios/nrpe to pick them up. The problem is
that when I ran "juju upgrade-charm --repository=charms/
appstream-dep11", the hook wasn't called and so the checks aren't
installed.

Can anyone let me know what I'm doing wrong here? I ideally want to just
be able to run upgrade-charm (or some other command) after dropping new
checks in so that they are easily picked up and exported.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain at orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney at debian.org ]