What's with all the test talk? (aka, give me CI already)

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:13:23 UTC 2016

The workflow that we'd like to have is very similar to what you do with the
charms. The first steps are already possible with `bundle-cwr-ci`:

   - If a new charm version is committed, run the tests of that charm.
   - If the tests succeed, push the charm to edge.

We save our bundles on Github with revision-less charm urls. A push of a
charm to the edge channel should trigger a job that does the ci for the
bundle:

   - Add the latest revision to all revision-less charm urls. (If they do
   have a revision specified, leave them be.)
   - Run bundletester on the resulting bundle.
   - If tests succeed, push the bundle to edge.

What do you think of this workflow?

Our workflow in the past was a lot more complex, but moving to MAAS allowed
us to greatly simplify it.