Juju 2.1-beta2 is here!

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Fri Dec 2 16:03:12 UTC 2016

A new development release of Juju, 2.1-beta2, is here!

## What's new?

*Openstack Provider has been updated to support Neutron networking apis

* New APIs for querying instance types and characteristics available on
clouds

* Model Migration is no longer behind a feature flag

* Instrumentation of Juju via Prometheus endpoints

* Fix to enable deploying to cluster for vsphere as provider
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1590143

* Other Bug fixes https://launchpad.net/juju/+milestone/2.1-beta2

## Known Issues:

* Model Migration Fails on 3rd attempt:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1646310

* Model Migrations does not support charms with resources, this will
land before 2.1-rc1

* HA tests fail after the leader is deleted:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1640535

## How do I get it?

If you are running Ubuntu, you can get it from the juju devel ppa:

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:juju/devel

    sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install juju-2.0

Or install it from the snap store

    snap install juju --beta --devmode

Windows, Centos, and MacOS users can get a corresponding installer at:

    https://launchpad.net/juju/+milestone/2.1-beta2

## Feedback Appreciated!

We encourage everyone to subscribe the mailing list at
juju at lists.ubuntu.com and join

us on #juju on freenode. We would love to hear aboutyour feedback and
usage of juju.