Hide resources from showing on the store

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Fri Dec 2 13:33:35 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 5:49 AM Konstantinos Tsakalozos <
kos.tsakalozos at canonical.com> wrote:

> This works but has a side effect, the dummy binaries are available for
> downloading from the charm's page. Is there a way to hide the resources
> from the charm's readme page?

I'm confused why the user cannot know there's a default resource there?

In an ideal world, the author would provide a default resource that at
least helps guide the user to how to use the charm if they forget or use
the wrong type of local resource. We want to make sure the user is guided
on how to get things working as smoothly as possible.

The other side is charm testing. The charm should have enough of what it
needs in the default resource to perform functional tests to pass via tools
such as Matrix.

I'm curious how the user even knowing a thing is there is bad for the user.
At this time we don't have any pattern to assist this.