delayed juju beta16 until next week

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Thu Aug 18 13:25:36 UTC 2016

We need to delay the release of beta16 until next week as we've been busy
breaking things and currently don't have a working Azure in our trunk.

We've updated the Azure code we use to talk to their APIs and in the
process uncovered changes in our code that need to happen to help bring
things back to fully functional. We've also uncovered a race in our use of
the Azure APIs that is currently in progress. Due to this flux we've not
had a passing build on Azure since beta15.

The team's been hard at work chasing down the updates and we are confident
we'll have everything set for next week. We're excited because the new
Azure tooling will allow us to improve the Azure user experience for Juju
2.0.

If you have a specific blocking bug that was addressed (marked
fix-committed) this week and a daily build that does not work on Azure is
ok for your needs please let us know and we'll force a daily build update
for this week.

Thanks for your patience.

Rick