Juju snap edge channel enabled

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Aug 16 19:01:17 UTC 2016

Following up on Ian's work to remove the need for --upload-tools, I've
enabled daily publishing to the edge channel for the juju snap. The snap
utilizes this work so the snap 'just works' as expected. A new snap is
generated and published once a day so you'll always have the latest
changes. Make sure you install using the edge channel.

snap install juju --edge --devmode

Remember, the code has been through basic QA checks, but stability is not
warranted. Please don't use them for production deployments, but otherwise
have fun living on the edge!

Note, snap-confine currently has a bug which affects the juju snap and LXD;
it's not possible to use LXD as a substrate when juju is installed as a
snap package. See LP# 1613845. I expect this to be sorted very soon so LXD
works once again.

Enjoy!

Nicholas