Faster LXD bootstraps and provisioning

Rafael Gonzalez rafael.gonzalez at canonical.com
Mon Aug 15 14:31:39 UTC 2016

Hi Menno,

Thanks for putting this together, great tips.  I recently ran into an issue
which others could see as well.

One may need to adjust the following for large bundle deployments on LXD.
A bundle deployment fails with errors about "Too many files open."  This
will increase number of max open files:

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf &&
sudo sysctl -p

Regards,

Rafael O. Gonzalez
Canonical, Solutions Architect