Upcoming CLI change for beta15

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Tue Aug 9 04:58:16 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

We've just landed a change that will be part of beta15 which changes how
you refer to models owned by other users.

Model names may be reused by different users, e.g. alex and billie can each
have a model called "foo". Until beta15, there is no way for either alex or
billie to refer to each other's foo after being granted access.

As of beta15, you can now refer to others' models with the syntax
"owner/model". Just saying "foo" is short-hand for foo within the logged-in
user's namespace. e.g. If I'm alex, I can get the status of billie's model
foo with "juju status -m billie/foo".

Cheers,
Andrew