Model statuses

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 13 11:43:09 UTC 2016

The guidance is that we want it to be VERY clear to people, when someone
quotes just a status, what they are talking about. There is a very
different situation in progress when a unit state is being described
than the state of the whole application. Imagine a telephone
conversation between two stressed people; you want the word they use,
even without much context, to tell as much as possible to the other
person about what they are dealing with.

In this case, I don't think there is as much risk of confusion between
the state of the model and the state of the application, as there is
between app and unit. For that reason, I think it's "OK" but not great
to use the same terms for model and application.

Mark