Is there a way to let juju know that an lxc container has gone away and isn't coming back?

Pete Vander Giessen petevg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:56:48 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Let's say that someone (okay, me) is experimenting with juju2 (develop)
locally, and I've rudely destroyed an lxc container that had a juju charm
deployed to it (lxc stop <container_name> && lxc delete <container_name>).

Is there a way to convince juju that the charm is no longer deployed? juju
destroy-service and juju destroy-unit both fail, because juju cannot
connect to the machine. Is there a way, short of clobbering
~/.local/shrare/juju and attempting to start from scratch, of making juju
let go of the charm?

Thank you in advance,

~ PeteVG