charmstore client authentication(help! :) )

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Fri Apr 8 09:30:14 UTC 2016

(apologies juju-dev moderators, sent this to the wrong place)

Hi folks,

I'm like the guy who just does stuff to annoy developers! :)

When I registered for launchpad my assigned name was f-tom-n, when I
registered a company for Juju related stuff I changed my launchpad ID to
spicule.

Last night I tried to fix my saiku charm because its been sat in the review
queue for weeks and finally got looked at, so I made my changes and tried
to push it through LP ingestion like usual. Apparently thats basically
broken :)

Anyway, the upshot was, I was told to use the charm push stuff, which I'd
been looking forward to for weeks anyway.

But there is an issue where by when I authenticate with the charm store it
picks up my old f-tom-n name not my new ID, so I can't push my charm to my
correct namespace, and ingestion doesn't work, so basically I'm locked out
of the charm store.

Marco pointed me towards the CS client code:
https://github.com/juju/charmstore-client so I spent 90 minutes this
morning fumbling around trying to work out how to build it, which I finally
sussed, but then I can't figure out how to debug it, I'm' not a golang guy
and and sadly I have a day job. I'm happy to investigate further, but I
suspect someone who knows probably has a much quicker answer/fix than I do.

I raised a bug(https://launchpad.net/bugs/1567690) but figured it was worth
mentioning on here as well.

Moral of the story, don't change your launchpad ID!

Thanks

Tom

Director Meteorite.bi - Saiku Analytics Founder
Tel: +44(0)5603641316

(Thanks to the Saiku community we reached our Kickstart
<http://kickstarter.com/projects/2117053714/saiku-reporting-interactive-report-designer/>
goal, but you can always help by sponsoring the project
<http://www.meteorite.bi/products/saiku/sponsorship>)