ERROR cannot read info: lock timeout exceeded

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Fri Sep 25 13:56:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Tim Van Steenburgh
<tim.van.steenburgh at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a jenkins slave that's running charm and bundle tests on 5 different
> clouds pretty much all the time. My problem is that tests will randomly fail
> after hitting this lock timeout.

Juju QA has pondered deleting any lock more than a minute old every
time we call the client to bootstrap or destroy-environment.

> Is the best way around this to have a separate $JUJU_HOME for all my test
> clouds, so that I end up with one lock per cloud? I haven't tried this yet
> but it seems like the simplest way forward, if it works and is safe (is
> it?).

Generating separate JUJU_HOMEs will insulate your from bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1467331

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations