Compiling juju on openSUSE

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Fri Sep 18 19:41:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Jorge O. Castro <jorge at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Herman Bergwerf
> <hermanbergwerf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone who has experience compiling juju on openSUSE?

As the juju is staticly compiled for most archs, and series/os-version
is irrelevant, you can use any Juju that matched your os and
architecture. eg. you can download a linux amd64 client and expect it
to work.

e.g. I downloaded the centos7 client from
https://launchpad.net/juju-core/+milestone/1.24.5  and ran it on
Ubuntu precise and Ubuntu wily.

You probably do need to hack and compile your own client though.
Juju's client thinks it needs to know the version of linux which is
bogus for the common case of bootstrapping and maintaining a server in
a cloud.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1465317

See version/osversion.go and version/supportedseries.go

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations