[ANN] Charm Tools 1.6.1

Adam Collard adam.collard at canonical.com
Fri Sep 4 09:38:04 UTC 2015

Hi Marco,

On Wed, 2 Sep 2015 at 22:01 Marco Ceppi <marco.ceppi at canonical.com> wrote:

> The charm-tools 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 packages created a unique challenge in
> packaging. The result was a potentially broken apt/dpkg state on a few
> users machines. If you've attempted and upgrade in the past 24 hours you
> may have experienced some oddness with jujubundlelib, charm-tools, and
> other packages. Before reporting issues please make sure you've run `sudo
> apt-get update` and a `sudo apt-get install -f`.
>
> Going forward we're producing a new set of QA tests for our tooling to
> prevent having broken packages uploaded to the archive.

Looks like they're still broken for Precise.

charm-tools 0.6.1 has a declared dependency on python-yaml (>= 3.11), but
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python-yaml latest for Precise
is 3.10.x

This leads to a broken package -

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested
an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that
some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of
Incoming.

 charm-tools : Depends: python-yaml (>= 3.11) but 3.10-2ubuntu0.1 is to be
installed
                     Depends: python-blessings but it is not installable
                     Depends: python-ruamel.yaml but it is not installable