Neutron networking question with openstack-base

Liam Young liam.young at canonical.com
Mon Oct 19 10:10:39 UTC 2015

Hi Daniel,

Have you set 'ext-port' in the neutron-gateway charm?  ext-port
specifies the external port the neutron-gateway charm should use for
routing of instance traffic to the external public network. If eth1 on
the neutron-gateway is plumbed into 143.207.94.0/24 network then you
would set it with:

juju set neutron-gateway ext-port=eth1

I'd also take a look at the Network Topology page in the horizon
dashboard and check that ext_net and your private net are both plumbed
into your router and that your instances are plumbed into your private
network. I'm not sure which version of Openstack you are deploying but
certainly in Icehouse I have seen horizon claim the state of
network:router_gateway to be 'down' when it is actually working.

Do you see the floating IPs that you have assigned your instance(s)
listed when you look at the 'Attached Devices' in the detail tab of
ext_net ?

Also check that when the instance booted DHCP succeeded. You can do this
through horizon by going to Compute -> Instances -> Click on Instance
Name -> Log tab. The message you are looking for will differ depending
on the image you booted the instance from but something like:

ci-info: eth0  : 1 192.168.0.4     255.255.255.0   fa:16:3e:ef:d8:53

or

Lease of 192.168.0.2 obtained, lease time 86400

Thanks,
Liam Young