How to make Juju High Availability work properly?

曾建銘 godleon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 07:55:47 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I got some problems when I was testing Juju High Availability after
deploying OpenStack on my physical servers.

I used "juju ensure-availability" to generate 3 state servers. Juju became
unnormal after the bootstrap node was shutdown.

When the bootstrap node was gone, the whole juju tasks seemed not switched
to another state server successfully. I found agent-states of all services
became "lost", workload-state of all services become unknown or error.

I used "juju debug-log" to check the juju working status, a lot of messages
passed by, they looked like there were many communications between services
and the state server.

I tried to wait for a while, I found that agent-states of services became
idle again. But they will become lost again later. Then I try to wait for
more a long time(more than 1 hour), I found the agent-state of all services
were change from lost to executing, then to idle, then to lost finally.

No matter how long I waited, I always found the same result I mentioned
above. Then I could use juju commands normally.

Did anyone get the same problem? I will be really appreciated if someone
can tell me how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advanced.

Sincerely yours,
Leon