[ANN] Charm Tools 1.7.1 Released!

Marco Ceppi marco.ceppi at canonical.com
Thu Oct 1 19:06:03 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to announce another charm-tools release today, this one is 1.7.1
which succeeds 1.6.1 and 1.7.0 as the latest release of charm-tools. As
always, you can verify the version you are running by executing: `charm
version`

# Changes

[bcsaller] cleaner installer, replace existing files more cleanly
[bcsaller] Command aliases and fixing tmpdir/pipe colors
[bcsaller] turn down logging, fix path in tactics
[marcoceppi] look for peers in metadata.yaml
[marcoceppi] Remove colon from namespace URL

In this release compose is renamed to 'generate' and 'refresh'. This
version also fixes build issues for precise users.

# Install
Charm Tools is available to users either via the juju/stable PPA, Homebrew,
or pip

## PPA

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:juju/stable
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install charm-tools

## Homebrew

    brew install charm-tools

## PIP

    pip install -U charm-tools

# Summary

This is the last planned 1.7 series release barring any bug fixes. Going
forward we're looking to move charm-tools source hosting to
github.com/juju/charm-tools to better be aligned where the rest of the
ecosystems tools are.

Thanks,
Marco Ceppi