Juju devel 1.26-alpha2 is available for testing

Eric Snow eric.snow at canonical.com
Fri Nov 27 17:01:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Marco Ceppi <marco.ceppi at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:37 AM Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>> #### Requirements
>>
>> - Running Wily (LXD is installed by default)
>>

> For the LXD provider, I have the latest LXD installed on trusty, will that
> work or is it hard-coded to wily+ ?

It will work fine if using a juju built with Go 1.3+ (e.g. the juju
package on wily or building locally and using --upload-tools).  The
provider uses the LXD Go bindings which require Go 1.3+.  It is a
compile-time issue rather than a run-time check.

Until trusty ships with Go 1.3+ we cannot ship a Juju that depends on
the LXD Go bindings, thus the LXD provider is disabled if Juju is
compiled with anything older than Go 1.3.  As Aaron said, there's a
separate thread discussing how to solve the problem of getting the
latest full-featured Juju on trusty.

-eric