Latest on the LXD Provider!

Simon Davy bloodearnest at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:59:27 UTC 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 17:15, Katherine Cox-Buday
<katherine.cox-buday at canonical.com> wrote:
> Simon, I've gone ahead and added you as a subscriber to the blueprint for
> this feature. That was as things develop you can stay in the loop.
>
> Would you be willing to give feedback on how this feature is shaping up when
> we begin developing?

Absolutely.

I spend 80% of my working day using the current local provider, so am
keen to help improve things.

We are also trying to use juju in application development, i.e. have
the deployed charm be the development environment. Currently manually
creating/configuring an lxd container, and deploying the charm to it
with the manual provider. I would be keen to see what options might be
possible to do this with the lxd provider, like providing a base
image, and configuring the container with profiles, as we could then
use the lxd provider to create the units rather than manually.

Thanks

--
Simon