Unit number is increasing in latest juju version.

Matthew Williams matthew.williams at canonical.com
Fri Nov 13 15:02:14 UTC 2015

Hi Mark, Sunitha,

My apologies, I should have included the explanation in the original email.

This was a change to address a long standing bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1174610

There's a discussion in the bug report, but the summary is that in most
cases it's desirable to have the unit id be unique across the life of an
environment. Otherwise you loose the identity of a unit across relations.

We were already numbering the machines in the same way, so this change also
gives us consistency between machine and unit numbering systems.

Thanks

Matty