Using distributed router in neutron

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 6 09:34:14 UTC 2015

Hi Pshem

You need to make use of the neutron-openvswitch charm - this is a
subordinate charm that's deployed with nova-compute, and manages the
neutron configuration and agents on compute nodes.

In the same way that you provide ext-port to neutron-gateway, you'll need
todo the same with neutron-openvswitch when using dvr mode - this port is
used for north/south traffic for instances on each compute node where they
have floating IP's - instances which don't have floating ip's will still go
via the neutron gateway.

Hope that helps!