juju bootstrap fails with vSphere 6.0

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 5 12:07:54 UTC 2015

I think Ed is using vSphere with Juju in the only way one could before
Juju grew a native vSphere provider, and assumed Michael was doing the
same :)

MAAS has a (not recommended) ability to drive VMs on vSphere, based on
an (equally not recommended) ability to drive VMs through libvirt. If
you daisy chain all of that you can use the Juju provider to drive
vSphere, by making it think its driving MAAS, making MAAS think it's
driving libvirt. Phew, possible, not recommended :)

Nowadays we have a (brand new) native Juju provider for vSphere, which I
believe Michael is trying, and that's got some bugs to shake out. Sergey
would be the best person to help.

Mark