juju bootstrap fails with vSphere 6.0

Forstner Michael Michael.Forstner at cpg.de
Thu Nov 5 11:34:59 UTC 2015

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the hints, but to be honest I do not really get what you’re talking about :-)
My vSphere 6 Environment is not hosted by myself (or my company). We’re renting a complete package consisting of one vSphere datacenter (2 Hosts and 2 Storages). I am controlling the vSphere datacenter from my MacBook via VMWare Horizon and via the vSphere Client running inside a local Windows VM.

As already mentioned, the API access to the vSphere API seems to work as VMWare’s go client is able to fetch information from the environment.
Since I am getting some XML parsing error from the ‘juju bootstrap’ command I was wondering how can I enable further debugging options in order to trace down the problem.

Thanks and regards,
Michael