Juju stable 1.25.0 is released

Darryl Weaver darryl at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 2 14:13:06 UTC 2015

Hi Dimiter,

I tried:
   JUJU_DEV_FEATURE_FLAG=address-allocation juju bootstrap

However, it does not work.
I try a bootstrap using --show-log --debug and I get a line:
2015-11-02 14:07:34 INFO juju.provider.maas environ.go:139 address
allocation feature disabled; using "juju-br0" bridge for all containers

So, the address-allocation feature remains disabled.
Using juju 1.25.0.

On 2 November 2015 at 12:50, Richard Harding <rick.harding at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015, Dimiter Naydenov wrote:
>
> > On 30.10.2015 01:06, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 at 08:03 Curtis Hovey-Canonical
> > > <curtis at canonical.com <mailto:curtis at canonical.com>> wrote:
> > >
> > > {cut}
> > >
> > > ### Support "devices" on MAAS 1.8+
> > >
> > > MAAS 1.8 introduced a new feature called "devices". This allows
> > > the association of a "device", that requires an IP address, with a
> > > parent machine managed by MAAS. There is a view in the MAAS UI
> > > showing all devices.
> > >
> > > With the "address-allocation" feature flag enabled, Juju will
> > > register LXC and KVM containers as devices on MAAS 1.8+. They are
> > > visible in the MAAS UI. If the environment is forcibly shut down,
> > > the IP addresses allocated to the containers will be released by
> > > MAAS.
> > >
> > > You can enable "address-allocation" is new Juju environments like
> > > so:
> > >
> > > JUJU_DEV_FEATURE_FLAG=address-allocation juju bootstrap
> > >

> > > Are they any other requirements in order to get the "devices"
> > > feature working? I've just built a  brand new MAAS
> > > (1.8.2+bzr4041-0ubuntu1) and juju (1.25.0, from PPA) setup,
> > > bootstrapped a new environment using the syntax provided above, but
> > > the containers are not getting registered under 'MAAS devices'.
> > >
> > This is because recently MAAS web UI changed not to show devices as
> > before. However, juju should still be registering them for containers
> > and this can be verified by using the MAAS CLI:
> >
> > $ maas <profile-name> devices list
>
> Copying in Andres to ask if MAAS 1.9alpha has that UI support or is it
> part of the planned 2.0 releaes?
>
> --
> Rick Harding
>
> Juju Engineering
> https://launchpad.net/~rharding
> @mitechie

Best Wishes,

Darryl Weaver
+44 (0)7770 968825
darryl at ubuntu.com
IRC: dweaver on Freenode, #ubuntu-uk or #darrylweaver