How good is a backup, without it ?

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Mon May 4 07:54:11 UTC 2015

Hello,

This one kept me awake one night recently, but not being a juju developer, the
only thing I can do is to throw the idea around. Maybe someone will catch it.

Juju has a nice backup feature.  But unless users run 'juju backup' & store the
output somewhere, it is useless.

How difficult would it be to automate backup creation & storage on each unit ? I
mean, when someone 'juju deploy', the backup command could sometime be run and
the output stored on each unit.

If the juju environment becomes stale or suffer partial destruction, the output
could be fetched from any of the unit.

Does that make any sense ?

Kind regards,

...Louis

--
Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.