[Juju] Azure issues & fix?

Charles Butler charles.butler at canonical.com
Fri Jun 26 15:21:40 UTC 2015

Hey Sam,

Back when I was working on the big data eco we ran into this problem
consistently on many substrates. There is work there that we can probably
extrapolate into a helper function to eliminate this behavior on even the
hackiest of situations. I'm not 100% a fan of just tossing a bunch of DNS
data in /etc/hosts - but it does work.

We should work together w/ the new work thats been landed in the DNS charm
to try and offer a proper solution to this that doesn't involve a static
list in /etc/hosts that is subject to environment changes, and let a proper
DNS host offer that name resolution in our deployments. I know that I've
gotten this to work with minmal effort on my internal LAN, which is a far
cry from a data center, but this works extremely well.

LMK if you're interested, I'd like to get some requirements established and
extend the charm to do what you need it to, so we can call this a finished
line item by adding 1 additional charm to the toplogy and some relations.

All the best,

Charles Butler <charles.butler at canonical.com> - Juju Charmer
Come see the future of datacenter orchestration: http://jujucharms.com