Important: upgrading a 1.23 environment
menno.smits at canonical.com
Fri Jun 26 04:45:00 UTC 2015
Due to a new worker that was added in 1.23, it is likely that the state
server agents will be unable to restart when an upgrade of a 1.23
environment is requested.
Manual intervention will be required to unstick the upgrade. On each state
server host do the following:
- Find the tools directory.
- For the local provider this will be something like ~/.juju/local/tools
- For other providers this will be /var/lib/juju/tools
- You should see both the old and the new tools listed with a symlink
for the machine agent pointing to the old version. For example:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 27 21:18 184.108.40.206-trusty-amd64
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jun 16 11:35 1.24.0-trusty-amd64
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 May 27 21:18 machine-0 ->
- Remove the old symlink, e.g.: sudo rm machine-0
- Add one that points to the new tools, e.g.: sudo ln -s
- Kill the machine agent so that it restarts into the new version: sudo
The upgrade will then proceed as normal.
It's regrettable that this is required. Unfortunately but because upgrades
themselves get blocked we can't easily offer an upgrade that fixes the
The root cause was fixed in 1.24.0 so upgrading directly to 1.24.0 or later
(skipping 1.23) will avoid the issue.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Juju