[Review Queue] ubuntu-repository-cache

Adam Israel adam.israel at canonical.com
Thu Jun 25 21:38:40 UTC 2015

          ubuntu-repository-cache

There are three merge proposals for this charm:

Update charm-helpers
<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Edaniel-thewatkins/charms/trusty/ubuntu-repository-cache/update_charm-helpers/+merge/262072>:
Needs Fixing

This MP is to fix a critical bug
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+source/ubuntu-repository-cache/+bug/1465612>,
but introduced a new error, which is fixed by the next commit.

Handle mounted ephemeral disk
<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Edaniel-thewatkins/charms/trusty/ubuntu-repository-cache/handle_mounted_ephemeral_disk/+merge/261356>:
+1, as it fixes the above bug but this would be better to have committed
to the above rather than living as a separate MP.

This MP fixes the above and another medium priority bug
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/cpc-core/+bug/1459648>.

Add rsync timeout
<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Edaniel-thewatkins/charms/trusty/ubuntu-repository-cache/add-rsync-timeout/+merge/261424>:
+1, with the caveat that the above two bugs are fixed first.

This MP fixes a critical bug
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/cpc-core/+bug/1459410> that causes the charm
to hang when an rsync hangs. It also depends on the previous two fixes
being in place.

          Notes

All three of these MPs go together, so I squashed them into one tree
<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eaisrael/charms/trusty/ubuntu-repository-cache/fix-test>.
While running the tests, I noted that, while the charm deployed and the
unit stood up, the single unit test timed out while waiting for the
deployment to finish.

I applied similar logic as the multi-unit test (which passes), by
setting sync-on-start to False, waiting for the deployment |wait()| to
finish, kicking off the sync via |juju-run|, and then continuing with
the remaining unit tests.

My suspicion here is that there is a bug in amulet that causes it to
miss that the unit is finished. I’ve currently set the first merge to
Needs Fixing, but would note that a broken test probably shouldn’t hold
up a critical bug fix. The amulet issue should be investigated, though,
in case it’s impacting other charms.

​