SuiteCRM Charm - No Auto-entry of database details

Tim Van Steenburgh tim.van.steenburgh at canonical.com
Thu Jul 23 19:58:50 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Joseph Liau <joseph at liau.ca> wrote:

>  On 2015-07-23 12:11 PM, Tim Van Steenburgh wrote:
>
> Hi Joseph,
>
>  Here's one way to solve this:
>
>  1. Setup up the software manually one time.
> 2. Once it's set up, dump the database to a file.
> 3. Put that file in your charm, and use it to automatically load the
> database when the db relation is joined.
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Neat idea. I had thought that I copied a lot of the SugarCRM hooks, but I
> missed that thought. I will give that a go.
> But, then does that also mean the login information for SuiteCRM would not
> be chosen by the person installing? Should be ok as long as documented.
>
> i.e. admin-password  (string) Password for Admin user. thisisaTEST!

In the charm I linked to there is an admin-password config option which can
be set by the user. The database is initially loaded with the default
password (which is embedded in the db dump file). After the db is loaded,
the config-changed hook is re-invoked, updating the admin-password in the
database using the value from the config (see bottom of
hooks/config-changed).