Adding a new machine in juju

Suchitra Venugopal1 suchvenu at in.ibm.com
Thu Jul 2 12:03:30 UTC 2015

Hi Team,
 I installed juju(1.24.0) version  in my Ubuntu box and when tried to add
a juju machine using juju add-machine its waiting in pending state for
long time as shown below:

The log is also not getting updated and the status is also not getting
updated after 30 - 40 minutes.
This issue has been observed in some more ubuntu machines in the near past
and we were not able to resolve this after cleaning the environment and
reisntall.

At the same time we had few other machines which is working fine  and we
able to deploy charms in them. The version of juju in them are lower than
1.24.0. Few of them has 1.23.2 and few 1.22.0, 1.22.1 etc.

We are trying to install an older vrsion of juju to confirm whether this
is an issue with version. Also thought to check with you whether any issue
is ther with later version of Juju ?
Also can anyone help us with the step to get an older version which is
supported in trusty(14.04) version. I had a quick look in
https://launchpad.net/~juju/+archive/ubuntu/stable and found the below
versions available under stable.  Or should we be looking at some other
place other than stable ?

Can anyone help me in this.

Thanks & Regards,
Suchitra Venugopal