how to correctly update a juju unit's config with local provider (lxc)?

Caio Begotti caio1982 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 20:08:16 UTC 2015

Folks, I had to update an unit config to change its LXC policy today. I
lxc-stopped the unit, updated its config file and then lxc-started it again
with -d. So far so good.

Then I noticed juju ssh unit/0 stopped working. Permission denied every
time, probably because the unit IP address changed or something like or
some other check failed, anyway...

I knew the unit's IP address so I could ssh to it manually, but juju status
keeps showing incorrect info and juju ssh would never work again it seems.
I wonder what other side effects I may notice from now on with juju
commands and this unit.

What would be the correct way to change an unit config with a local
provider in this case so Juju is aware of this change since I restarted the
unit?

— Caio Begotti [ˈka.jo | be.ˈgɔ.t͡ʃi]