charm creation and charmhelpers

Thierry Fauck@linux.vnet.ibm.com thierry at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 26 08:46:13 UTC 2015

Hello charm developpers,

Creating a new charm python template now integrates load of charmhelpers
package (setup.py script) which is good.
Then template for start/stop script do call service.py for service
management.
The problem I saw is that charmhelpers package is installed in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/charmhelpers and that path is not
integrated by default in the search path.
Is this a bug or should we had a
sys.path.append('/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/') in service.py
script ?

Let me know if there is anything you want me to do for that
Thanks

--
Thierry Fauck @ linux.vnet.ibm