Availability of alpha "Easy Juju on Azure" disk image

Samuel Cozannet samuel.cozannet at canonical.com
Tue Feb 10 15:01:33 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Yesterday we released an alpha of a new Ubuntu image on MS Azure VM Depot:
https://vmdepot.msopentech.com/Vhd/Show?vhdId=50248

If you use that image and spin a VM with it, you'll be able to upload your
Azure .publishsettings file to its web interface. From that moment, the VM
will boostrap a Juju environment, install the Juju GUI.
The main web page auto refreshes, and presents the link to the Juju GUI
with a password when it's ready.

The whole process from upload to Juju GUI takes about 10min to complete,
and does not require any knowledge of Juju or Ubuntu to start playing.
It leaves you with a fully functional Juju environment using your default
subscription as your main Azure provider.

We hope you enjoy that new and easy way to start with Juju. We aim at
making this image available from the Marketplace when we gather enough
feedback and fix bugs that remain.

The whole code and explanations are available on
https://github.com/SaMnCo/juju-azure. Please use that repo to send feedback
while we make it better. You can also answer to this thread on the list to
ask any question or feature request you may have.

Best,
Samuel

--
Samuel Cozannet