Saiku Amulet charm testing

Tim Van Steenburgh tim.van.steenburgh at canonical.com
Tue Dec 8 12:59:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 6:43 AM, Tom Barber <tom at analytical-labs.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to finally finish off this Saiku charm so I can submit it for
> validation.
>
> I want to write a few simple tests but I need a couple of pointers for
> help with Amulet as I'm not a python guy.
>
> d = amulet.Deployment()
> d.add('tomcat')
> d.add('saiku','cs:~f-tom-n/trusty/saikuanalytics-enterprise')
> d.relate('saiku', 'tomcat')
> d.expose('tomcat')
>
> I'm trying that but the relate throws a wobbly:
>
> ValueError: All relations must be explicit, service:relation
>
> What have I done wrong there?

You have to be explicit about what relation you're connecting services on,
e.g.,

d.relate('saiku:website', 'tomcat:website')

> Also, we use a manual environment internally, can I get amulet to deploy
> to an LXC container like we do when deploying manually?

Yep, you can use the same placement directives that you'd use in a bundle
file (see
https://jujucharms.com/docs/1.25/charms-bundles#bundle-placement-directives),
e.g.,

d.add('tomcat', placement='lxc:0')