Deploying webapp to Tomcat Charm

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Wed Aug 19 13:34:31 UTC 2015

Hi chaps

After a chat with Corey et al a few weeks ago it was suggested I deploy our
product using the Tomcat charm as a container, which I thought was a pretty
good suggestion.

So, I look at the precise charm and it says:

For another charm to provide a webapp, it must be a subordinate charm that
supports the java-webapp relation.

Can someone show me an example or just elaborate on that a bit more, how
does it know which file to deploy, does it require a trigger or similar?

Also that stuff is missing in the Trusty Tomcat charm from what I can see.
Why is there a disparity in versions and if so, whats the best way to
deploy a war?

Tom