[Review Queue] suitecrm, git-ssh, big data tweaks

Kevin Monroe kevin.monroe at canonical.com
Mon Aug 17 20:04:20 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Amir, Andrew, Cory, and I had some queue time recently:

+ SuiteCRM
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1479471

This CRM software is a fork of the popular SugarCRM, which is already
available in the store.  While Sugar has a freemium model (pay for
additional features), Suite is totally open-sourced.  This would make for
an excellent addition to the charm store, but it's not quite ready yet...

We had an issue related to scaling suitecrm units and raised some points
about potential functionality that could be included in this charm.  We'll
work with the author to address these and hopefully see this up for
re-review soon.

+ git-ssh
https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1481282

This is a great looking charm that uses actions to manage git repos.  It's
an excellent example for the use of actions!

The charm code looks good, charm proof passes, and it has some well
detailed tests. However, we had an issue running the tests from a pristine
environment, as they would be run from the automated test runner.  We
suggested a couple fixes and look forward to this one coming back through
the queue soon.

+ Big Data charms

We reviewed work that allows more flexible deployment environments.
Previously, YARN was a required component of our apache solutions, but it's
conceivable that not everyone will want/need a yarn-master in their
deployment.

Initial tests to enable HDFS-only deployments (no YARN) look good!
Affected charms are committed in the bigdata-dev namespace, and we're
excited to merge those into the recommended section of the store in the
coming days.

Questions/concerns?  We're in #juju.  Thanks!
-Kevin Monroe