Juju and TOSCA

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:00:00 UTC 2015

Hi

I've been using Juju for a while now and I came across TOSCA. TOSCA is an
OASIS open standard that can be used to model the full life-cycle of cloud
applications.

As stated before, the TOSCA concepts are very similar to Juju. I'm
wondering if there are any plans surrounding Juju and TOSCA. I see that
Canonical is part of the TOSCA TC. Are there any plans to bring TOSCA and
Juju closer together? TOSCA's move to yaml is already a big leap in the
right direction...

I see that a TOSCA-Juju translator project
<https://github.com/juju/juju-tosca> exists, however I do not know what the
state of that project is. I am also more interested in a native
implementation of some of the TOSCA concepts since there are big advantages
in having a tosca-like representation of a running cloud, beyond what Juju
already offers.

Kind regards
Merlijn Sebrechts