Deploying Juju charms from Github

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 16 06:40:45 UTC 2015

On 15/04/15 11:51, Robert Day wrote:
> I agree that not having juju-deployer handle the Git side of things, and just working locally from a Git checkout, would be simpler – but I don’t think that sort of bundle would work in the Juju GUI, because the extra steps needed mean that you can’t drag-and-drop it. Have I understood correctly?

There's a current limitation with bundles in the GUI, because they are
actually deployed server-side, which makes the drag-and-drop interaction
awkward. However, I just saw a lighting talk demo of client-side bundle
handling, so drag-and-drop will work with any bundle, including bundles
that reference local charms managed on Github :)

Would expect that to show up relatively soon, based on the demo!

Mark