[Review Queue] apache-core-batch-processing bundle

Adam Israel adam.israel at canonical.com
Thu Apr 9 15:49:04 UTC 2015

        apache-core-batch-processing

This big data bundle includes five charms:

  * apache-hadoop-yarn-master
  * apache-hadoop-hdfs-master
  * apache-hadoop-hdfs-secondary
  * apache-hadoop-compute-slave
  * apache-hadoop-client

I give the above a +1

Also included in this merge is a refactored services framework, now
under the charmhelpers.core.charmframework namespace. This branch is
intended to be proposed for merging upstream, so I took a little time to
look over this as well, since I’ve been using the services framework lately.

The new framework fixes some issues currently found in the existing
framework, so I’m excited to see this work coming to fruition, but there
are several issues that I’d like to see addressed before I give this my
approval. Specifically:

  * There are |lint| and |test| errors that need to be resolved.
  * The new framework has low test coverage
  *

    The old framework is completely removed, which would break charms
    using the current framework.

    For this, I’d suggest either a versioned namespace or turning the
    current namespace into a compatibility layer so charms using the
    current framework “just work” and benefit from the improvements in
    this refactored one.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1440161

​