presenting a poster on juju at PyCon 2015

Michael Foord michael.foord at canonical.com
Thu Apr 2 09:41:23 UTC 2015

On 29/03/15 07:08, Eric Snow wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> At the poster session (12 April) at PyCon 2015, I'll be presenting on
> Juju. [1]  I'm excited to be sharing juju with folks in the Python
> community, particularly with the role that Python plays in dev ops as
> well as in Juju.  The first draft of my poster (big: 120cm x 120cm) is
> pretty much done and I'd like to get some feedback.

I like it! I'll try and think of some more useful comments in a bit.

"apt-get for the web" is a useful buzz-phrase that helps people
understand juju.

Backend independence is another feature that is important to people -
repeatable, testable, deployments that don't tie you to a specific
provider. Also being able to perform your full deployment locally (or to
a CI server) for full stack testing, using the same configuration you
use for production.

I'm trying to work out if I think your big diagram at the top is too
complex or not. It would be nice if people could see it and immediately
"get" juju. I'm not sure how realistic that is, and certainly coming
from a place of already understanding juju the diagram encapsulates the
core concepts well.

Michael