Application to ~charmers - Jorge Niedbalski

Jorge Niedbalski jorge.niedbalski at canonical.com
Thu Sep 25 02:54:02 UTC 2014

Hello Charmers,

I would like to have your consideration to become a member of the
http://launchpad.net/~charmers team.

I have been playing around with the Juju's ecosystem since some
months, fair enough time to understand where a ~charmer should be
pushing to contributors to make the environment safer for everyone.

Part of my daily job is to deal with customers with several distinct
deployment scenarios. I have been dealing with issues and feature
requests on almost the entire Juju stack (Juju-core, juju-plugins,
charms,  charm-helpers, charm-tools, openstack, juju-client, deployer,
etc).

Regarding to my contributions, the charms that i authored/maintain are:

- https://jujucharms.com/trusty/rsyslog
- https://jujucharms.com/trusty/rsyslog-forwarder-ha

I also have contributed patches to other charms ( mysql,
rabbitmq-server, nrpe, postgresql) as well to most of the
~openstack-charms in different areas.

On ecosystems,  I have contributed several patches on the
charm-helpers package (important: contrib.python, core modules), I
have performed revisions and observations on charm-tools changes and
authored/re-factored juju-plugins.  I also have contributions to the
Amulet suite and minor fixes to jujuclient library. Also i have a fair
amount of juju-core's mps and bugs.

I understand that we need mature and well tested charms (I use them
daily!!), for that reason i have been directly pushing and teaching
constantly to contributors and customers for having unit and
functional tests (see: trusty/vem && trusty/vsm charms) to improve the
code coverage and documentation.

On the community side, I have performed several reviews; blocking
changes and asking for improvements whenever i can.  Also have been
listed as official reviewer a couple of weeks, helping people on
public channels and performed several training sessions to co-workers
, team and people interested in charming in general.

Please, feel free to ask me whatever you think is important (IRC:
niedbalski), and again, thanks for your consideration.

--
Jorge Niedbalski R.
# Email: jorge.niedbalski at canonical.com (GPG:0x3DA28544)