Juju is still too hard

Charles Butler charles.butler at canonical.com
Mon Sep 22 15:55:07 UTC 2014

Michael,

I read the title of this email and my heart sank a little. This reminds me
that we are still moving forward at break neck speed and what ground we've
covered and stepped into the next chapter may not be completely solid for
someone without the experiences that I have myself.  When you work 3
micrometers from the source, it's easy to overlook the warts.

As several have outlined here, feel free to join us in #juju on
irc.freenode.net - we are fully staffed during most of the US Timezone's
business hours to help.

When you say you tried it in a VM, have you looked at our Vagrant Images to
get moving quickly? [1] This is where I've pointed most of the new comers
to toe the waters. And if this is where you're finding road blocks, I'd
love to work with you hand in hand to resolve this troubling experience.

The power in juju is not only from getting your services orchestrated, but
the community surrounding it that genuinely cares about your experience and
helping you find the information to get you unblocked and moving.

All the best,

Charles

[1] https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/howto-vagrant-workflow.html