Juju is still too hard

Michael Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Sun Sep 21 15:29:22 UTC 2014

Guys,

I hate to break this to you, but deploying and managing Juju is still
too hard and too unreliable.

I hear this in the market, and my own experience confirms it. The two
times I tried, once on my local system, once on Azure, it didn't work.
My Juju t-shirt lists Azure first, so I wouldn't think this is too
obscure of a platform. And testing Juju out on a local VM is exactly
what many will try to do.

Until you address the usability issue, it doesn't matter how many charms
we make.

When will Juju be ready for production usage? Because I'm not convinced
that it is ready right now.

Despite our months of investment in Juju, this simple fact has not
changed.

- Mike

Michael Schwartz
Gluu