[Review Queue] hdp-tez and zabbix-agent

Cory Johns cory.johns at canonical.com
Wed Sep 17 14:16:36 UTC 2014

Yesterday evening, I reviewed two items from the new Review Queue[1]:
a new Big Data charm, hdp-tez, for adding YARN support to Hadoop, as
well as a zabbix-agent charm change that was submitted to the Review
Queue but specifically noted as being for a personal namespace.

Amir's hdp-tez charm[2] looked good, and installed and worked
correctly, but an issue with the included test (as well as a minor
typo in the instructions in the README) meant that I couldn't quite
give it my +1.  However, I fully expect it to pass on the next review.

Samuel submitted[3] a zabbix-agent charm to the Review Queue, with the
title "Submission of new zabbix-agent charm in personal namespace."  I
noted to Samuel that personal namespace charms did not actually
require being submitted for review to be available and used, though we
are of course willing to review them if requested.  (I also pointed
him to Charles Butler's excellent blog post[4] on the subject, for
clarification.)  As such, I reviewed Samuel's charm and offered a
couple of suggestions, such as making it an actual branch off Marco's
existing zabbix-agent charm[5] upon which it was based, in order to
make it easy to incorporate changes from that upstream charm, as well
has having the option to submit his changes back as a Merge Proposal.

[1]: http://review.juju.solutions/
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1360205
[3]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1369892
[4]: http://blog.dasroot.net/the-power-of-community-charming/