Revision file on charms

Simon Davy bloodearnest at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:34:14 UTC 2014

On 8 Sep 2014 16:51, "Stuart Bishop" <stuart.bishop at canonical.com> wrote:

> I think you are better off using a service configuration item to hold
> the version for now, at least until the dust settles. Juju is good
> about incrementing the number in the revision file when it needs to,
> which is probably not when you want it bumped.

We do this for payload revision already, as we use that as the
mechanism to deploy new code. We could do it for charm revision as
well I guess, but it has little guarantee, as it still needs a manual
juju set post deploy. Plus, you need to add that to every charm you
want to know the version of (and we want to know *all* of them).

Using annotations would have the same update problem, but at least
it's charm independent.

Thanks

--
Simon