new release of juju digital ocean plugin (0.5.1)

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Sat Sep 6 19:06:13 UTC 2014

Its possible (although unscheduled atm) a real provider could be done for
DO when the provider object storage requirements are dropped from juju
which is work that's scheduled.  The coreos announcement also coincided
with the release of the new userdata facility on DO (smoser verified its
basically ec2 compatible) which means cloud-init support. In the future
version of this plugin i intend to use the userdata facilities as it will
speed up non bootstrap machine allocation as at the moment each machine has
to be ssh'd into.

cheers,

Kapil